12-Week Lean Body
12 week program for lean muscle mass
THE WORKOUT SPLIT
Your weight training schedule will be 2 days on and 1 day off. That means that if you train on Monday and Tuesday, you will rest on Wednesday, then you will train again on Thursday and Friday, then rest on Saturday. You'll keep repeating this pattern for all 12 weeks. Your weight training workouts will be split into push muscles, pull muscles and kick/crunch muscles.
you'll be training your Chest, Shoulders and Triceps on the same day - these are the muscles you use to push things away from your body.
You'll be training your Back and Biceps together - the muscles that pull things toward your body. Finally you'll be training your Legs and Abs together - the muscles that kick and crunch.
Your weight training workouts will generally go between 30 and 45 minutes to ensure you get a complete workout.
On your off days, you'll be getting your cardio in for the week. You'll also be doing 26-30 minutes of cardio after your back and biceps workouts, since it is the shortest and usually the least difficult workout.
That means you'll complete 26-30 minutes of cardio 4 times a week.
Your cardio can consist of any form of cardio training in the gym, like Treadmill, Bicycle
- Minutes 1-2: Level One (Easy resistance)
- Minutes 3-5: Level Two (Moderate resistance)
- Minutes 6-9: Level Three (Difficult resistance)
- Minutes 10-11: Level Two
- Minutes 12-15: Level Three
- Minutes 16-17: Level Two
- Minutes 18-21: Level Three
- Minutes 22-24: Level Two
- Minutes 25-26: Level One
Note: When combining cardio with weight training, be sure to do cardio after your workout.
- You will be consuming 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight per day and 1-1.5g/lb of carbs.
PROTEIN & CARBS CALCULATOR
- Your portions should be the size of the palm of your open hand. Your carbs should be about the size of your closed fist. There are no limitations on Veggies.
WHAT WILL YOU EAT?
Use the Lean Body Program's Rule Of Thirds: Cover a third if your plate with lean protein, a third with complex carbohydrates, and a third with vegetables, fruit, or salad.
WHAT CAN'T YOU EAT?
- Stay away from unhealthy dressings, dips and butter.
- Steer clear of Saturated and Trans Fats found in processed food.
- Don't fry your foods in butter or oil.
- Stay away from high sodium, high sugar sauces such as Soy Sauce and BBQ Sauce.
- Stay away from Hydrogenated Oils.
- Stay away from Lunch Meat, Cheese, Fries, Chips, Ice Cream, Mayonnaise.
- You will be cutting out Soda and Alcohol altogether in the coming weeks.
- Drink at least 10 cups of Water a day, maybe more if you are doing intense exercise.
- You can drink Tea or Coffee as long as you stay away from sweeteners and high fatCreamers.